Advertising is everywhere these days, which is why advertisers keep one-upping each other with their ideas on how to reach a potential Client. The Internet is filled with tons of ads that the user has grown indifferent to. Especially annoying are the ads you’re trying to close buy they just won’t go. People give ads a wide berth, which is colloquially referred to as Banner blindness. For that reason, advertisers are trying to win a Customer over in other ways. One of the good solutions might be a sponsored article.
Sponsored articles – what is that?
Sponsored articles are publications displayed on themed websites or blogs with a goal of advertising your brand to the target audience. Above all, a sponsored article you are going to find online will serve two important purposes or at least one of them:
- SEO – A sponsored article is great for the so-called White Hat SEO, which is search engine optimization according to the Google rules by placing powerful links in publications valuable to the reader. For a sponsored article to fulfill that assumption, however, the links contained in it have to be tagged as dofollow.
- Advertising – Nothing works as well on a client as a properly targeted ad in form of valuable knowledge on a themed blog or website. Such opportunity is what can actually be provided by a custom sponsored article, like with additional promotion through social media channels and being featured on the home page.
Sponsored articles are often referred to as sponsored publications, and they often get confused with the concept of an advertising article [despite having similar names, they differ in purposes].
The advantages of sponsored publications
There is no doubt that sponsored articles have their Benefits. It arises from the fact that they have a whole lot of advantages that are hard to count. Below we will try to present them briefly and thus confirm their effectiveness:
- They contribute to a growth in sales.
- They make a new source of traffic on a website.
- They build a positive brand image and authority.
- They respond to the audience’s needs.
- They make a perfect way to promote the company.
- They are more credible than other forms of advertising (such as the above mentioned banners).
- They present the advantages of a product/service in the language of Benefits that the copywriter uses every day.
- They relate to relevant topics that the Internet users find interesting.
- They provide substantive content.
- They don’t directly encourage to make a purchase.
- They make an effective form of SEO – they include links to the Website and keywords.
How to choose a place to publish
When choosing a place to publish the article, it’s a good idea to check the number of users, fans and watchers a particular website has. Its value is also influenced by the domain’s age and the quality of links leading to it. That knowledge will let you determine at least initially whether it is worth placing a sponsored article on, as well as determine if the quote for the service isn’t Too high.
It usually costs some money to have a sponsored article published – it all depends on how big is the audience of a particular website and how much interest a particular article may raise.