Everyone who decides to promote their business online will most likely sooner or later meet with the phrase PPC advertising. This slogan may appear in literature and industry publications related to online marketing, but also in offers prepared by agencies. What exactly are PPC ads and why should you include them in your marketing strategy?
What is PPC?
PPC is a model of online advertising that allows marketers to place ads on a selected platform and pay for them only when the user clicks on one of them. PPC stands for Pay Per Click. In these types of ads, actual impressions don’t play a big role, because companies are charged only if the user actually clicks on their banner or link – hence the name “Payment Per Click“.
Where are the PPC ads?
Until the beginning of 2016, AdWords sponsored links appeared on the right side of Google searches in the form of Sponsored boxes and above natural results. This structure allowed the appearance of up to 11 ads, of which 3 were marketing messages over organic results, and the rest appeared on the right side or under the hints of the search engine. After changes introduced by Google, promotional activities within the AdWords campaign are only emitted above and below organic results. These modifications also included the number of ads appearing on the site – it was reduced from 11 to 7.
Why is it worth using PCC?
There are many benefits of using Pay Per Click advertising:
- PPC is measurable and traceable. You can see how your campaigns are performing, including phrases, clicks and conversions, the traffic you receive and how the Results correlate with your budget.
- Provides a Better understanding of customer search behavior and patterns.
- Unlike SEO, PPC allows you to quickly set up campaigns, create ads and find (acquire) new customers and prospects. You don’t have to wait for the effects – you start seeing them as soon as you start the campaign.
- You get budget flexibility. You can set your Advertising budget and choose how much you want to spend. For example, if you see positive results, you can increase your budget quickly.
- You get lots of targeting options, regardless of whether you are targeting the keyword by searching for ads or focusing on a specific demographic in the display network.
- Your ads run on all platforms, including mobile and landline devices.