The SEO report is one of the most important documents that the company receives in cooperation with the positioning agency. This is a report of recent work and an accurate presentation of the situation in which the site is located.
Types of SEO reports
- The first type is assessment of the form in which the site is currently – this report is most often made by the agency that starts working with the company. Based on the situation in which the website is, its capabilities are determined, and goals are set. Usually, based on this report, the effects of the agency’s subsequent work on site Rankings are reported.
- A cyclical report on the effects of the SEO agency‘s work is another type of report. It is usually made available by the agency on a monthly or quarterly basis, possibly according to an individually specified schedule, most often resulting from the specifics of the activities assumed for a given period. Usually, a summary report is prepared once a year, which contains Comprehensive information and summarizes long-term work on the position of the website.
What should an SEO report contain?
We are all able to observe how strongly the SEO industry is developing. New tools are emerging, existing ones are constantly being improved – all this so that we can better provide services to our clients. So they work hard, and the fruit of this work is meticulously recorded and reported.
Well, who of you likes to write reports? It is no secret that many agencies and freelancers limit their reports to presenting the client with “dry data” to colloquially: quickly finish the work and move on. One can guess that the reasons may vary, often are is related to company policy, workload, etc. The concept of “good positioning service report” is very subjective.
Certainly, as many specialists, as many recipes for a document valuable for the client. A good report has several common features:
This is probably the most important feature. A good report is one in which we are able to quickly identify the most important elements.
If you decided to cooperate with an SEO agency, it means that you don’t have to have knowledge about internet marketing and search engine rules.
- The brevity
Sometimes you get the impression that the reports are the result of “good, totally unnecessary work”. They look aesthetically very pleasing. They are colorful, full of charts and tables with information. which do not contribute to anything. As a result, we can receive a several-page document that will not go beyond the the mailbox.
A good report is one that contains a set of information, which may slightly conflict with brevity. Both of these features should be well balanced.
A good report is one that is made from scratch (of course it is permissible to make it based on a template) and is personalized to meet your needs. It cannot be a dry dataset spat out by an analytical tool. In addition, it should be accompanied by appropriate comments and assessment of the situation.
When does the positioning report fail?
- when it is packed with jargon and is incomprehensible,
- shows too much irrelevant data,
- shows too little data,
- does not contain any conclusions or interpretations,
- is unrelated to the client’s business goals.