Often choosing the right color for a blog or website can be Problematic. Some people have a very good sense of colors and select them intuitively, while others need inspiration in their selection.
What is psychology of colors, and how does it affect us?
Psychology of colors is a study of how color affects our emotions and behavior. Something as simple as changing the shade or Saturation of color can evoke completely different feelings of our recipients. When designing websites or creating products for the international market, it should be considered that, depending on upbringing, cultural background and personal preferences, what causes a given reaction in one person can cause an extremely Different reaction in another. Cultural differences mean that something that is associated with happiness and bliss in one country can be perceived as depressing in another.
Color psychology is also closely related to individual memories and experiences. If we have a “pleasant” memory of someone who wore a yellow shirt, or had yellow painted walls at home, then yellow will evoke the memories and emotions associated with the person or place.
Regardless of the occurrence of individual differences, in general terms the perspective of influencing the emotions of our recipients is so attractive that it would be difficult to completely abandon this tool. So – how to choosee right colors for blog or website?
Principles of choosing colors – how to use the wheel of colors
The concept of a modern wheel of color was developed around the 18th century. Its concept is based on the fact that each part of wheel has been assigned a specific color, so that a on the total 360° surface there is placed the entire range of visible colors. In addition, the closer the center of the circle, the brighter the shade of color. The use of simple patterns allows us to see which colors are complementary, which are analogous, and which form the so-called triads. By using the wheel of colors, we can create both harmonious and contrasting combinations.
Sites worth using
Adobe wheel of colors – one of the basic, free online tools that allows you to create your own color combinations. It also allows you to draw colors from pictures, you just need to add your Own picture. Colors will be obtained, which we can later use, e.g. as the color of links, headings, etc.
- Design Seeds – a real color atlas. Sorted by season colors. Ready-made sets are provided with colors in HEX format. A very large source of inspiration for many projects.
- Coolors – a simple tool. Generator of color schemes that are displayed with vertical stripes. It is clear what and where fits. The operation is very intuitive.
- Palletton – a very similar tool to Adobe, you can freely combine colors, there are four options to choose from and it will only depend on you how you match them, and the combinations can be various. In addition, a nice thing is the ability to preview the page with the selected colors, which completely Simplifies the whole process.
- Colorspire – ideal for web developers and bloggers, based on blocks, we can evaluate how the selected colors will look on our website, we can change and mix them as desired, and finally choose the combination most suitable for us .
- Colorloves – here are ready-made palettes, colors and graphics, based on them you can also create your own sets from the scratch, which can be inspirational and creative in making your own graphics, headers etc.